MANET COMMUNITY HEALTH
110 W Squantum St, Quincy, MA 02171-2122, USA
Is this your facility?
This listing has not yet been claimed or verified by its owner.
Stay connected with all the lastest happenings on our Facebook page!
Hundreds of local patients, residents and community partners joined us and health centers across the country as we celebrated National Health Center Week, August 7-13. Participants enjoyed healthy activities that included a “pop-up” fresh fruit and veggie market, blood pressure and blood glucose screenings, pediatric dental screening, skin screening, plus snacks, prizes and helpful information at free events at each of our sites in Quincy and Taunton and at Nantasket Beach in Hull.
See more photos on FaceBook.
Premier Sponsors:Eaton Apothecary and Senior Whole Health
Community Partner Sponsors:Carney Hospital, BMC HealthNet Plan, and HealthMart Pharmacy - Nantasket Pharmacy
Good Neighbor Sponsors:Morton Hospital
In Kind Sponsors:Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation City of Quincy Election Department Fresh Truck Protecting All Smiles Quincy WIC South Shore Home Care Taunton/Attleboro WIC
Manet has been a strong advocate on behalf of our nation's health centers since our inception nearly 37 years ago. Please consider becoming a Health Center Advocate, too. Signing up is easy:
Click the link to sign up online: http://www.saveourchcs.org/signup.cfm. Be sure to select Manet Community Health Center as your health center and indicate your connection (Employee, Board Member, Patient, Volunteer, Community Partner, etc.), or
Text: HCADVOCATE to 52886 to join the network via text (use the keyword DEFENSOR to receive communications in Spanish).
Once you've signed up, use the social media sharing buttons to easily share to spread the word on Facebook or Twitter.
Sign up and become an advocate!
Thanks to the diligent work of our Performance Improvement and Clinical Leadership teams, Manet received HRSA Health Center Quality Improvement Grant Awards totaling $132,695. Manet ranked in the highest 25% of the nation’s health centers in 9 of 15 measures.
Read more at HHS.gov
Now is the time to schedule back-to-school and sports physicals and eye exams! Our family medicine and pediatric providers and Vision Center will get you school-ready in a snap! Call Manet at 617-376-3000 to schedule your appointment today!
Dr. Charles Bell is an experienced pediatrician with a special interest in childhood obesity, teen depression and adolescent medicine. He sees patients from newborn to age 23 at our North Quincy and Hull practice sites. To request an appointment, call 617-376-3000.
Summer is a great time to check in with your health care provider to discuss what screenings and exams you need and when you need them and to schedule back-to-school check-ups.
Manet pediatrician Dr. Charles Bell says now is the time to get health checks and physicals out of the way before the back-to-school rush and the new school year starts. Dr. Bell suggests parents and caregivers schedule the following check-ups:
Additionally, summer is a good time for parents and caregivers to review safety tips -- including bike safety and water safety -- with children, he said.
Congressman Joseph P. Kennedy III, State Senator Marc Pacheco, State Representative Pat Haddad, Mayor Thomas Hoye and James Hunt of the Mass. League of Community Health Centers joined Manet Community Health Center's Board President Joseph Reardon and CEO Cynthia Sierra in cutting the ribbon on the health center's newly expanded practice site in Taunton. The site at 1 Washington Street was filled to capacity on Thursday, July 21 with community partners and supporters who welcome Manet's expansion and the increased access to care it brings to the community. "The impact this has for this community is extraordinary," said Congressman Kennedy. "I want to say thank you for what you do. You remind us that what comes after the name "Manet" is "Community." You make sure that we are doing what we can to ensure that people in need have access to high quality health care and you can help us make good on the promise that health care is a right for everyone not just a few." Senator Marc Pacheco echoed the sentiment, saying, "This is an amazing day for our community. This is going to make a difference for thousands of families in Southeastern Massachusetts." Before introducing Congressman Kennedy, James Hunt, President and CEO of the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers stressed the importance of community health centers, noting that the health center movement started in Massachusetts in 1965 and proliferated across the nation thanks in large part to the staunch support of Senator Edward M. Kennedy. "Today, in Massachusetts, 50 community health center organizations provide high quality health care to over 951,000 state residents - and with Manet's expansion, it will be a million very soon," quipped Hunt. The ribbon cutting revealed the addition of three new exam rooms and forecast the intent of further expansion at the Taunton site by March 2017. During the program, Sierra introduced the Manet, Taunton staff, including a new provider, Dr. John Ewald, who begins working at the site this month. The Manet site in Taunton opened in 2014 with the support of a US Health Resources and Services Administration, Department of Health and Human Services, US Health Center Program, Affordable Care Act grant. Manet selected Taunton as the location for the center based on the unmet health needs in in the communities of Taunton, Raynham, Attleboro, Norton, Berkley, and Middleboro.
Check out our photo album!
Click here to see Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s Video Greeting.
If you were unable to join us, but would like to make a donation, it's not too late! Donate now.
See photos of the event here!
Kathleen McDevitt is a certified family nurse practitioner and sees patients of all ages at Manet’s North Quincy site. She is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Boston Graduate Family Nurse Practitioner Program and she earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Simmons College in Boston. Kathleen is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and is certified in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Her clinical interests are Family Medicine and Adolescent Health.
Charles Bell, MD, joined the Manet team in February 2016. Dr. Bell specializes in pediatrics and sees patients from newborn to age 23 at Manet’s Hull and North Quincy sites. Dr. Bell earned his medical degree at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tenn. He completed his internship and residency in pediatrics at George W. Hubbard Hospital, also in Nashville. He was the recipient of a four-year National Health Service Corps scholarship and has experience working with diverse populations. He has a special interest in adolescent medicine, obesity in children and screening for teen depression.
Dr. Smith specializes in internal medicine and has been practicing on the South Shore since 1987. He earned his Medical Degree at the University of Rome in Rome, Italy and completed his internship and residency at St. Michael's Medical Center in New Jersey. Active in his community, Dr. Smith plays ice hockey with the South Coastal Men's Hockey League and is a member of Friends of Hanover Music, which supports music education in the Hanover school system. His personal interests include international travel, history, science and technology. He speaks fluent Italian and understands Spanish and Danish. He is accepting new adult patients in Hull. To book an appointment, call 781-925-4550.
Christine is a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with pediatric, adolescent and adult nursing experience. She is a graduate of the Regis College Accelerated Nursing Program. A member of the greater Taunton community, she comes to Manet with established relationships and knowledge of the Taunton/Attelboro community. Christine sees patients of all ages at Manet's Taunton practice site at One Washington Street, Mill River Place. For an appointment, call 508-822-5500.
Qiu Ci is a certified physician assistant who earned her Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences in Boston. She is fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese. To schedule an appointment, call 617-376-3000.
Dr. Fitzcharles earned her medical degree at State University of New York, Downstate College of Medicine in Brooklyn, New York, and completed her internal medicine residency at Mount Sinai Saint Luke's Roosevelt Hospital also in New York. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Science from the City University of New York, The City College, Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, where she received the Leonard Davis Community Service Fellowship. Dr. Fitzcharles is accepting new patients, age 18 and older, at Manet's Hull office at 180 George Washington Boulevard. Call 781-925-4550 to make an appointment.
Jennifer Sabir, MD, has relocated from Manet, Hull and is now seeing patients at Manet's Houghs Neck and Snug Harbor practice sites in Quincy, where she began her career at Manet in 2005. Dr. Sabir specializes in Family Medicine and sees patients of all ages. To make an appointment, call 617-471-8683 or 617-471-4715.
Meal preparation is something most of us do every day without much thought or effort, but for some seniors it can be a difficult or impossible chore, particularly for those who are recovering from surgery or illness or who can't get to the market on a regular basis. Manet Community Health Center, in partnership with South Shore Elder Services, offers a vital Meals on Wheels and catered lunch program to help support seniors in need.
Need help finding affordable health coverage that fits you and your family's needs? Ask us. We can help! It's free, confidential and we speak your language. For more information, call the Manet Navigation Hotline at 857-403-1557 or email [email protected]
Our Navigators are also offering assistance out in community settings during enrollment season.
Funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Prevention and Wellness Trust Fund, these programs are conducted by trained experts in clinical and community settings in Quincy and Weymouth. And now you have more ways to stay connected and find out about these great programs! Visit our new website, www.QuincyWeymouthWellness.org, and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/QuincyWeymouthWellness.
Hear what Manet providers, staff and patients have to say about Manet’s unparalleled compassionate care.
Manet Offers New Tobacco Cessation Services
Counseling and nicotine replacement therapy can double your odds of success at quitting smoking. Meet with our Wellness/Tobacco Counselor, Jennifer Turpel, to get started. Appointments are available for registered Manet patients at these locations and times:
We're launching a new Tobacco Cessation Support Group at Manet North Quincy in January 2015. Watch for details here and on Manet's Facebook page.
Manet Community Health Center serves the broad preventive and primary care needs of the residents of the South Shore region through pediatrics, family medicine, and internal medicine. Founded in 1979, Manet has five practice sites and a diverse staff who are committed to ensuring that our patients enjoy access to all levels of the health care system. One of our priorities is providing services for the medically underserved.
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
Translate This Page To:
Manet offers urgent and routine medical appointments on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in our North Quincy and Hull locations. Dr. Karla Talledo is available to see patients in North Quincy and Dr. Vandana Bijoor is available in Hull. Nurse appointments are also available. All of our Quincy and Hull sites also offer evening hours. Call 617-376-3000 for an appointment.
Check out our providers here. To book an appointment, call 617-376-3000 or 857-403-0820.
At Manet Community Health Center, we believe that everyone has the right to accessible, high quality and compassionate health care close to home. By supporting our mission, you are not just making a difference in the lives of thousands of patients in Quincy, Hull and Taunton and surrounding communities who call Manet their medical home; you are making a difference in our community. Please consider giving your support today!
Support the Manet Mission, make a tax-deductible donation.
Manet Community Health Center, Inc. ? Administrative Offices 2 Granite Avenue, Suite 101? Milton, MA 02186 Phone: (617) 690-6400 ? Central Registration TTY Phone: (857) 403-1567? Fax: (617) 690-6904
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
Primary Focus of the Provider
- Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Mental Health Treatment Services
- Mix of Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- General health services
Type of Care
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse treatment
- Methadone maintenance
- Methadone maintenance for predetermined time
- Methadone detoxification
- Buprenorphine maintenance
- Buprenorphine maintenance for predetermined time
- Buprenorphine detoxification
- Relapse prevention from naltrxone
- Buprenorphine used in treatment
- Naltrexone (oral)
- Vivitrol (injectable Naltrexone)
- Transitional housing or halfway house
- Do not treat opiod addiction
- Use methadone/buprenorphoine for pain management or emergency dosing
- Do not use medication for opioid addiction
- Accepts clients on opioid medication
- Prescribes/administer buprenorphine and/or naltrexone
- All Clients in Opioid Treatment Program
- SAMHSA-certified Opioid Treatment Program
- Psychiatric hospital or psychiatric unit of a general hospital
- Residential treatment center (RTC) for children
- Residential treatment center (RTC) for adults
- Other residential treatment facility
- Partial hospitalization/day treatment
- Outpatient mental health facility
- Community mental health center
- Multi-setting mental health facility (e.g., residential plus outpatient)
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Group therapy
- Cognitive/behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Behavior modification
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Trauma therapy
- Activity therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Psychotropic medication
- Telemedicine therapy
- Substance abuse counseling approach
- Trauma-related counseling
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy
Facility Smoking Policy
- Smoking not permitted
- Smoking permitted in designated area
- Smoking permitted without restriction
Service Setting (e.g., Outpatient, Residential, etc.)
- Hospital inpatient
- Partial hospitalization/day treatment
- Short-term residential
- Long-term residential
- Residential detoxification
- Outpatient detoxification
- Outpatient methadone/buprenorphine or vivitrol
- Outpatient day treatment or partial hospitalization
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Regular outpatient treatment
- Hospital inpatient detoxification
- Hospital inpatient treatment
- Computerized treatment
- General Hospital(including VA hospital)
- Psychiatric hospital
Facility Operation (e.g. Private, Public)
- Private organization
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- State mental health authority
- Other state government agency
- Regional/district or county, local or municipal government
- Tribal government
- Indian Health Service
- State Government
- Local, county, or community government
- Department of Defense
- State substance abuse agency
- State mental health department
- State department of health
- Hospital licensing authority
- The Joint Commission
- Commission on Accreditation and Rehabilitation
- National Committee for Quality Assurance
- Council on Accreditation
- Healthcare Facilitiues Accreditation Program
- Other national oraganization
- No payment accepted
- Cash or self-payment
- State financed health insurance plan other than Medicaid
- Private health insurance
- Military insurance (e.g., TRICARE)
- IHS/Tribal/Urban (ITU) funds
- Access to recovery (ATR) voucher
- State mental health agency (or equivalent) funds
- State welfare or child and family services funds
- State corrections or juvenile justice funds
- State education funds
- Other State funds
- County or local government funds
- Community Service Block Grants
- Community Mental Health Block Grants
- U.S Department of VA funds
- Federal, or any government funding for substance abuse programs
Emergency Mental Health Services
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Payment Assistance Available
- Sliding fee scale (fee is based on income and other factors)
- Payment assistance (check with facility for details)
- Services for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Native American Indian or Alaska Native languages
- Other languages(excluding Spanish)
Special Programs/Groups Offered
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) clients
- Active duty military
- Military families
- Clients referred from the court/judicial system
- Seniors or older adults
- Pregnant/postpartum women
- Adult women
- Adult men
- Persons with HIV or AIDS
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons who have experienced sexual abuse
- Persons who have experienced intimate partner violence, domestic violence
- Children with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
- Persons with Alzheimer's or dementia
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Transitional age young adults
- Persons with eating disorders
- Assertive community treatment
- Intensive case management
- Case management
- Chronic disease/illness management
- Consumer-run (peer-support) services
- Court-ordered outpatient treatment
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care service
- Legal advocacy
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Non-nicotine smoking/tobacco cessation medications
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Screening for tobacco use
- Suicide prevention services
- Supported employment
- Supported housing
- Therapeutic foster care
- Smoking/tobacco cessation counselling
- Vocational rehabilitation services
- Alcohol Detoxification
- Benzodiazepines Detoxification
- Cocaine Detoxification
- Methamphetamines Detoxification
- Opiods Detoxification
- Treatment for gambling disorder
- Treatment for internet use disorder
- Individual counseling offered
- Group counseling offered
- Family counseling offered
- Marital/couples counseling offered
- 12-step faciltitation approach
- Brief intervention approach
- Contingency management/motivational incentive
- Motivational interviewing
- Anger management
- Martix Model
- Community reinforcement plus vouchers
- Relapse prevention
- Residential beds for clients children
Age Groups Accepted
- Young adults
- Seniors (65 or older)
- Methadone and buprenorphine clients only
- Methadone clients only
- DUI/DWI clients
- Serve only DWI clients