Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center
Substance Abuse Services
1221 West 5th Street, Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Is this your facility?
This listing has not yet been claimed or verified by its owner.
CROOK JOHNSON SHERIDAN WESTON
The Mission of Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center is to
deliver high quality mental health and substance abuse services to the individual, family and community.
Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center has been providing therapeutic services to the residents of Sheridan, Johnson, Crook and Weston Counties for over 45 years.
Northern Wyoming Mental Health serves youths and adults suffering from mild to serious mental illness and substance use disorders. Each person receives treatment carefully tailored to his or her individual needs. Services are available to anyone on a sliding fee scale basis. Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center is a community-minded health care provider. The goal of NWMHC’s staff is to offer every client competent, professional, confidential, and affordable mental health services. We provide diagnostic treatment and prevention programs that help people in the comfortable and familiar surroundings of their own community.
Our clinical staff are Doctoral or Masters level therapists in the field of Social Work, Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Addictions; Bachelor level staff are employed as Case Managers or Skill Trainers; Psychiatric Services employs an APRN, RNs and an LPN. Our office staff are dedicated professionals who offer excellence in client services to individuals of all ages.
The Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center’s professionals help people with problems that are disrupting their lives, or the lives of their families, friends and co-workers.
Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center provides competitive fees that are based on a sliding scale according to family size and verified income. Medicaid, Medicare and Insurances ore also accepted.
Call Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center’s clinic office in your community. If you do not live in the community where one of our main offices is located, ask about services nearest you.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Paul Demple, M.A., LPC, is Executive Director of Wyoming Mental Health.
Designed by Virtual Marketing 24/7.
Primary Focus of the Provider
- Substance Abuse Treatment Services
Type of Care
- Substance abuse treatment
- Naltrexone (oral)
- Vivitrol (injectable Naltrexone)
- Accepts clients on opioid medication
- Cognitive/behavioral therapy
- Substance abuse counseling approach
- Trauma-related counseling
Facility Smoking Policy
- Smoking permitted in designated area
Service Setting (e.g., Outpatient, Residential, etc.)
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Regular outpatient treatment
Facility Operation (e.g. Private, Public)
- Private organization
- State substance abuse agency
- State mental health department
- State department of health
- Commission on Accreditation and Rehabilitation
- Cash or self-payment
- Private health insurance
- Military insurance (e.g., TRICARE)
- Federal, or any government funding for substance abuse programs
Emergency Mental Health Services
Payment Assistance Available
- Sliding fee scale (fee is based on income and other factors)
- Services for the deaf and hard of hearing
Special Programs/Groups Offered
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders
- Clients referred from the court/judicial system
- Pregnant/postpartum women
- Adult women
- Adult men
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Non-nicotine smoking/tobacco cessation medications
- Treatment for gambling disorder
- Individual counseling offered
- Group counseling offered
- Family counseling offered
- Marital/couples counseling offered
- 12-step faciltitation approach
- Brief intervention approach
- Contingency management/motivational incentive
- Motivational interviewing
- Anger management
- Martix Model
- Relapse prevention
Age Groups Accepted
- DUI/DWI clients